+1-415-670-9189
info@expertsmind.com
What in your opinion is the company outlook for the future
Course:- Accounting Basics
Reference No.:- EM131567694




Assignment Help
Assignment Help >> Accounting Basics

1. Compute ratios for 2013 and 2014 to determine the following for Under Armour, Inc.:

a. The company's ability to pay its current liabilities. Was 2014 stronger or weaker than 2013?

b. The company's inventory turnover and days inventory outstanding (DIO); accounts receivable turnover and days sales outstanding (DSO), accounts payable turnover and days payable outstanding (DPO), and the number of days in its cash conversion cycle (CCC). 2012 figures for the company are as follows (in thousands): Accounts receivable (net) $175,524; Inventories $319,286; Accounts payable $143,689. Was 2014 stronger or weaker than 2013 based on these measures? (Assume all sales were on account.)

c. The company's rates of return on sales (ROS), average total assets (ROA), and average stockholders' equity (ROE), using DuPont analysis. For computation of averages, use the following amounts for 2012: total assets = $1,157,083; total stockholders' equity = $816,922. Did these ratios get stronger or weaker in 2014 compared to 2013?

2. Find Under Armour, Inc.'s, annual report for 2015 at http://www.sec.gov. Also perform research using an Internet site such as MSN Money or Yahoo! Finance to update the information from question 1.

3. What in your opinion is the company's outlook for the future? Would you buy the company's stock as an investment? Why or why not?




Put your comment
 
Minimize


Ask Question & Get Answers from Experts
Browse some more (Accounting Basics) Materials
Walt Disney World charges residents of Florida lower prices for various theme park ticket packages than it charges non- Florida residents. For example, in 2013 an adult Flor
Prepare the adjusting entry to record its Bad Debts Expense assuming uncollectibles are estimated to be 0.4% of total revenues and its unadjusted trial balance reports a cre
You've just been hired onto ABC Company as the corporate controller. ABC Company is a manufacturing firm that specializes in making cedar roofing and siding shingles. The co
Prepare the appropriate journal entry to record any 2013 gain or loss. (Ignore income taxes.) If Open Arms prepares its financial statements according to U.S. GAAP, how will
LO.5(External failure cost; research; writing)Many companies' products have had ?aws; some of these companies have been more forthcoming than others in publicly acknowledgin
Holden Graham started The Graham Co., a new business that began operations on May 1. The Graham Co. completed the following transactions during its first month of operations.
Castle Rock Inc. will have one of three values at the end of next year: $200mm with 30% probability, $130mm with 50% probability or $70mm with 20% probability. What is the i
The following were selected from among the transactions completed by Ingress Company during January of the current year: Jan. 3  Purchased merchandise on account from Pynn Co.