Reference no: EM131360028
1. Your readings discuss heuristics and cognitive biases which affect our thinking, reasoning, and decision-making processes.
2. Develop one or two paragraphs that presents a one-sided, simplified argument about some psychological issue. Examples might be a) low self esteem causes bullying, b) parenting/nurture is more important than nature, c) repressed memory/ memory recall claims, d) low self esteem is the cause of low academic success, etc.
3. How did you use language, wording, and terminology to frame your one-sided argument?
4. What biases or mental short cuts were used in your explanations?
5. If you were presented with this argument, how could you refute the biases and suggest a more balanced explanation?