Case Study: Jules Ferry
Jules Ferry was Prime Minister of France as that nation launched its imperial expansion. In a debate with member of the French Parliament, Ferry Defends the decision to expand. Read his remarks and respond to the following questions:
1. According to Ferry, what recent developments in world trade have made it urgent for France to have colonies?
2. What arguments against imperialism have been raised by Ferry's critics? How does he counter them?
3. What non-economic arguments does Ferry offer in favor of imperialism?
This 2-3 page assignment is to be submitted to the Week 1 Dropbox, located at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these step-by-step instructions.
Please make original and No plagiarism.
From Weeks 1-7, you will be asked to analyze the comments of world leaders in terms of content and context. Each analysis should include the following:
• A comment as to the historical context in which the comments were made
• Responses to questions the comments raise
• A personal evaluation of what you think the outcome of those comments might be
Each Case Study should be 2-3 pages in terms of content, feature a cover page and use proper APA formatting.