>> Computer Networking
Wireless Communication Systems
1. How do analog and digital signals differ? Describe the pattern.
2. How is information conveyed using FM (frequency modulation)?
3. Define circuit switching and packet switching. Explain why one is more appropriate for data.
4. What organizations have responsibility for standards covering more than one nation?
5. What is the difference between a BSS and an ESS?
6. How many types of frames are used on a wireless network and what are they?
7. Which security standard is compatible with the 802.11i standard and which ones are not?
8. Why does implementing RTS/CTS help speed data transmission?
9. What are the primary components of a WLAN?
10. What is the difference between baseband and broadband?
11. What is meant by the last mile? Why is the last mile problematic in terms of data transmission?
12. What is the main problem with using GEO satellites for data links?
13. Explain the differences between 1G, 2G, and 3G networks.
14. What is the purpose of a blocker tag?
15. How does RFID work?
16. AMPS operates in what frequency range?
17. Describe an efficient way to accomplish a widespread rollout of a new wireless system.