Reference no: EM132234190
Question: Navigating Real-Life Ethical and Multicultural Issues
As we discussed at the beginning of the course, while there are numerous dimensions of diversity, Hays's ADDRESSING model provides a useful framework for educators, counselors, and psychologists to examine their own cultural influences, potential biases, and perspectives, and develop a plan to address the impact of these elements on their work with others.
In your course text, Decoding the Ethics Code, Fisher presents ethical and legal issues of which psychologists and future psychologists like yourself must be cognizant. Additionally, there are several ethical theories presented to help you understand how to begin considering these risky issues.
Your final course discussion offers one more opportunity for you to think critically about how multicultural, legal, and ethical issues intersect and intertwine. Review the media piece, Problem Based Scenario (linked in Resources), and then respond to the following:
1. What are the ethical issues in this situation?
• Specify which codes impact this scenario.
2. What are the multicultural concerns?
3. What are the legal issues?
Cite appropriate scholarly research to support your findings; refer to the links in Resources as you prepare your initial post and responses.
Your initial discussion post should be at least 200 words.
Offer feedback to at least two other learners on possible resolutions for this problem-based scenario. Please try to choose posts that have not yet had responses. Then, review the ethical and multicultural issues identified by at least two of your peers in this situation. Compare and contrast your peers' findings to your own.
Support your feedback with relevant literature. Each peer response should be 150 words or more.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
• Describe ethical dilemmas in psychology practice.
• Identify types of cultural conflict.
• Identify types of cultural differences.
• Brainstorm potential solutions for ethical challenges.
• Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
• Problem Based Scenario | Transcript.
• Looking Into the Clinician's Mirror: Cultural Self-Assessment.
• APA Style and Format.
• Capella University Library.