>> Other Subject
In preparation for a meeting with upper-level management, you decide to conduct research on the role of statistical forecasting in decision analysis.
Write a paper of 5-7 pages discussing the importance of accreditation and credentialing, strategies for quality improvement, and the role of statistics and statistical forecasting in the process. Your paper should address the following:
• What are the steps involved in the statistical forecasting process?
• Provide at least 3 examples of statistical analysis tools used for forecasting.
• What role does statistical forecasting play in the quantitative health care decision analysis process?
• How can forecasting used to determine the needs within an organization for purposes of quality improvement?
• Your discussion should include how you can use statistical forecasting related to patient treatment, readmissions, emergency room (ER) wait times, and so forth as a means of determining what areas to focus on for the quality initiative.
Also, but seperate
• Based on your review of the data, you have identified 3 key areas of concern that you would like to address as part of the quality improvement initiative. If not addressed, these areas of concern may affect the organizations accreditation and/or profitability:
o Patients are having to wait for extended periods of time in the emergency room (ER).
o AKT is not implementing effective capacity management strategies for the resources that are currently available.
o There are a high number of readmissions due to patients being discharged too early.
You decide to work with staff and management to develop and implement new policies that are grounded in evidence-based practice (EBP). To communicate the new policies with the staff, you will write a 2-page memo addressing the areas of concern and the new EBP policies that now be in place. In the memo, address the following:
o Discuss the 3 areas of concern and how these can affect accreditation and/or financial status of the organization.
o What is evidence-based practice?
o How can evidence-based practice approaches be used to improve health care outcomes?
o A set of new policies and procedures that includes 2-3 strategies based on EBP approaches for each area of concern that will be effective immediately
o The memo should cite specific examples from the research reviewed regarding EBP approaches to resolving the issues.