Reference no: EM131427854
QUALITATIVE RESEARCH CRITIQUE WORKSHEET
STUDY PURPOSE -
1. Was there a clear statement of the purpose and aims of the research?
2. Is a qualitative methodology appropriate for this study? Explain why.
LITERATURE REVIEW -
3. Was relevant background literature reviewed? The gap in knowledge identified?
STUDY DESIGN -
4. Is the study design appropriate for the research question and objectives?
5. Was a theoretical perspective of the researcher(s) identified?
QUALITATIVE METHODS -
6. Does the study describe the methods used to generate data?
7. Was the method appropriate for the study design type?
8. Were participants relevant to the research question and was their selection well-reasoned?
9. Was sampling done until saturation or redundancy in data was reached?
10. Was informed consent obtained and is it clear why some individuals chose not to participate?
DATA COLLECTION -
11. Is there a clear and complete description of the site, participants and researcher's credentials? Is the role of the researcher and his/her relationship with participants and identification of the researchers' assumptions clearly described?
PROCEDURAL RIGOR -
12. Was the data collection strategies comprehensive enough to support rich and robust descriptions of the observed events?
13. Were the data collection methods appropriate for the research objectives and setting?
DATA ANALYSIS -
14. Was the data analysis inductive and the findings adequately corroborated?
15. Were findings consistent with and reflective of data?
16. Was a decision trail developed and rules of analysis reported?
17. Was the process of transforming data into themes/codes described adequately?
THEORETICAL CONNECTIONS -
18. Did a meaningful picture of the phenomenon under study emerge?
19. Was triangulation reported?
20. Were conclusions appropriate given the study findings?
21. Did the findings contribute to theory development and future practice or research?
22. How do you rate this study as a whole? ____ Explain you answer.
Personal Growth & Development -
23. List at least one thing you learned/relearned from reading this article.
24. List at least one way that YOU could you apply the findings of this study to your nursing practice.
Attachment:- Assignment Files.rar