Reference no: EM13780869
1. Bring to class 2 pages typed. 7 paragraphs to include 1 paragraph per web page.
2. ALSO, the team leader will upload this document via the ASSIGNMENTS link in BB..
Purpose of this assignment: This assignment gets you thinking about your website project. Your team will later flesh out each of these web pages in much more detail. See the actual web site project in assignments to get a better idea of what will be required for each
1. Who are your team members? First and last, please.
Greg Snell, Ado Moshe, Mauricio Barberan, Khalid Ashammary, Turki Alkhodiri
2. Who will be the team leader?
3. How do you plan to communicate with each other?
We will communicate through E-mail and Whatsapp.
4. Who will be responsible for insuring each team member will attend planned meetings?
5. Who will be responsible for insuring each team member does his part of the project on time?
6. Who will carefully edit everyone's work before it is uploaded?
Ado Moshe HOW IS YOUR ENGLISH? I RECOMMEND YOU CHOSE SOMEONE FOR WHICH ENGLISH IS THEIR FIRST LANGUAGE.
7. Who will combine team member's work into a single Publisher document?
Khalid Ashammary HOW ARE YOUR TECHNICAL SKILLS?
8. Who will be responsible for uploading the web page?
Turki Alkhodiri THIS IS TRICKY AND REQUIRES SOME TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW.
9. Who will test the website and all the links?
Web page Home page:
1. What is the name of your business?
The Drynk Sync
2. Where will it be located?
3. Is it a single location or a chain?
4. What service will you offer or what product will you sell?
Automated Bartending Machine
5. Describe what your business is about.
The Drynk Sync allows for users to customize any alcoholic beverage they can possibly think of with the touch of their finger. The Drynk Sync is a touchscreen mixer (soda and/or juice) and alcoholic beverage fountain. It is designed for the customer to use their creativity to craft a drink they might never of tried while out with friends or it also gives them the comfort of choosing their favorite drink. Not only does The Drynk Sync pour the perfect drink, it also allows for a more fun and innovative social environment.
WHERE WILL YOU HAVE THEM? ALL AROUND TOWN? DID YOU SAY YOU WOULD SELL THEM TO BARS?
Web page competitive strategy.
1. Will you be a low cost leader or offer some specialty product?
We will offer a Specialty Product at a reasonable price. YOUR PRODUCT IS THE MACHINE, RIGHT?
2. How is your product/service different from your competitors?
It's an interactive customer experience in which allows the user to be his/her own bartender
3. Read about Michael Porter's 5 forces. How will your business act against each of the 5 forces? Write several sentences on this topic alone
We should be most afraid of the (EVERYONE GETS THIS WRONG. ONLY MAKING DRINKS AT HOME IS A SUBSTITUTE, NOT COMPETITORS) threat of substitutions since customers can either go to a bar/restaurant and be served by an actual bartender, or they can just make a drink at home. The threat of new entrants is very low because we are currently the leaders in this market(NO, SOMEONE ELSE COULD DEVELOP A AUTOMATIC DRINK DISPENSING MACHINE, THIS THREAT IS RATHER HIGH). Currently, there is very little competition in this market and more specifically, none in the Tampa area. Bargaining power of suppliers would affect us because there is only a limited amount of suppliers to get the raw materials necessary to produce our product(i.e. ID scanner and facial recognition software technology). Bargaining power of customers is low because if they want this interactive experience during a night out, there are only a limited number of places where they can get it from.
1. Each team member will act as a key executive in your business.
ALL THE TEAMS SEEMED TO BE ON THE SAME WRONG TRACK. YOU ARE A SMALL BUSINESS, BUILDING AND SELLING AUTOMATIC DRINK DISPENSING MACHINES TO LOCAL BARS AND RESTAURANTS. YOU LIKELY HAVE AN OWNER, MAYBE A CO-OWNER, A PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST, AN OPERATIONS MANAGER (MANAGING THE ASSEMBLY PROCESS), A SALES MANAGER, ETC.
Greg Snell : Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Ado Moshe: Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Mauricio Barberan: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Khalid Alshammary: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Turki Alkhodiri: President
Web page Innovation:
1. What NEW innovative hardware or software will your company use? Be specific. It can be a real innovation or fictitious. This technology should improve your competitive strategy.
We will implement an existing technology (e.g. ID scanners), which will allow us to ensure that no one under the age of 21 will use our machine. Incorporated with this existing technology we will use a facial recognition technology to validate that the individual in the ID picture is indeed the one attempting to be served by our machine. GREAT. YOU WILL HAVE TO INVESTIGATE THE COST OF SUCH HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE.
2. Tell whether it is real or fictitious.
Our product itself is fictitious. I KNOW THAT BUT THE ID READER AND FACIAL RECOGNITION HW AND SW EXIST. YOU WOULD HAVE TO GET THEM TO SYNC. There are similar technologies out there (i.e. electronic bartenders, facial recognition, and ID scanners); however, no one has combined them into all into an affordable bartending machine. ID scanners are widely used in bars today, our scanner will be connected to the police database so we can double check IDs and deter the use of fake IDs. Our facial recognition software will be state of the art, we will triple check that we do not serve minors, and that everyone drinks responsibly.
1. Name at least 4 software or hardware systems your company will use. Be specific. YOU NEED TO COME UP WITH 2 MORE
Payroll - eZPaycheck
Accounting - Quickbooks
Facial Recognition - Face First - YOU CAN'T USE THIS AS A SW SYSTEM SINCE IT IS PART OF YOUR INNOVATION.
ID Scanner Hardware - AmbirDocketPort DITTO