Reference no: EM13876468 , Length: 2000 words
write a research paper that uses scholarly articles to address the topic questions below. Your paper should be written with 10 pagess of text. It should also include a title page.
Topic: The Therapeutic Alliance
The following questions need to explain :
1. The psychological treatment field has traditionally espoused a broad belief in the use of specific, robust models and interventions (supported by past research) that are carefully matched to specific diagnoses or symptoms. This philosophy has tended to minimize other factors that also contribute to successful psychotherapy outcomes. What debates do you believe will ensue between traditional "believers" and those professionals subscribing to recently-emerging evidence that the collaborative, working relationship between client and clinician carries more weight in the outcome than specific models/interventions?
2. Do you believe that the clinician-client relationship is critical to the outcome of therapy? State your position and your supporting rationale.
3. Should clinicians abandon what have been traditionally thought of as very robust techniques/approaches and "wing it" in their client contacts? Include your rationale.
4. What do you believe are the critical elements of forming these collaborative client relationships and why?
5. The concept of "treatment matching" was a topic being discussed in the mental health field in the early 1990's, where a certain profile of client was thought to be more likely to be successful (in their therapy) if they were matched with a certain profile of clinician, prior to their first meeting. What do you think of that?