Reference no: EM131414911
1. Stereotyping may be considered
a) a perceptual bias that should be self-monitored
b) a natural tendency to categorize information
c) he result of selective perception
d) all of the above
2. Of the big 5 personality traits, _____________ tends to be the best predictor of job performance.
3. Setting reasonally achievable objectives and providing training and support might be an appropriate management action for employees who
a) are least open to change
b) have low self-efficacy
c) have difficulty in enaging in self-monitoring
d) have high neuroticism
4. Which of the Big 5 personality traits would correlate with an ability to adapt to organizational change and a tendency toward entrepreneurship?
5. In terms of personality, a key role of a manager should be to
a) select employees who are high in agreeableness to preserve workplace harmony
b) alter the personality of an employee to the extent possible in order to achieve goals
c) evaluate employees' job attitudes.
d) consider an employee's personality traits when designing jobs and providing support.
6. Personality tests are considered a strong and reliable predictor of employee performance, and should be substituted for other hiring methods.
7. An understanding of personality, attitudes, and work behaviors is most important in which POLC functions?
b) All POLC functions
8. Personality ...
a) has a direct effect on performance, independent of the work environment or leadership actons.
b) can be described by three key dimensions
c) tends to be stable across a variety of work situations
d) varies based upon leadership practices
9. If B = workplace behavior, p = personality, and e = workplace environment (job design, leadership, etc.), the best description of workplace behavior is:
a) B = e
b) B = p
c) B = f (leadership)
d) B = f (p, e)
10. Management research shows that power and security are the most universally shared values among employees.