Reference no: EM13848000 , Length:
In this final assessment, you are required to demonstrate to a board of directors the viability of your business. This report needs to be based on the full completed 6 quarters. Note, the board of directors has not seen the business plan presented to the venture capitalists.
This final assessment consists of two components
1) A 20-slide powerpoint presentation - the kind of presentation that would be given at board level. Details of suggested content is attached.
2) An accompanying 1,500 word (max) script in the form a "board pitch" - a written transcript of the verbal presentation that would be given to accompany each of the slides.
Once you have completed the powerpoint slides, save each powerpoint slide as a JPEG, and copy each one onto a separate page of a word document. Then, place the text accompanying each particular slide on that page, below the slide. It is advisable to have one powerpoint slide and its associated narrative per sheet of A4.
This final word document must be submitted via turnitin. It is not necessary to submit the actual powerpoint document. Assignments will not be accepted in any other format.
The Report to the Board should include the following components:
A. Review your financial and market performance during the second year
B. Highlight the key features from the business plan which was presented to the venture capitalists (lecturer) (note, this must be updated with feedback highlighted and incorporated)
1. Marketing strategy
2. Sales Channel strategy
3. Human Resource strategy
4. Manufacturing strategy
5. Financial strategy
6. Ethical and Social Implications
C. Assess your business strategy and performance during the second year
1. Compare actions taken the against business plan
2. Discuss departures from the business plan, justification, and outcome
3. Review significant events that affected the company and/or market
D. Assess your current situation and the market (What are your firm's strengths and Weaknesses)
E. Summarise how you have prepared your firm to compete in the future.
F. What were the lessons learned.
Total 1500words - You need to write it in language that reflects how you would speak to a board in front of them in a presentation. Please do not write it in any other format i.e. Essay or Report.
1. Cover page
3. Overview - overall company's performance
4. Financial performance
5. Market performance
6. Marketing strategy
7. Sales Channel strategy
8. Human Resource strategy
9. Manufacturing strategy
10. Financial strategy
11. Ethical and social Implications
12. Compare actions taken the against business plan
13. Discuss departures from the business plan, justification, and outcome
14. Review significant events that affected the company and/or market
15. What are your firm's strengths and Weaknesses
16. What are your firm's strengths and Weaknesses
17. Summarise how you have prepared your firm to compete in the future.
18. What were the lessons learned
- How did you benefit from participating in the simulation
- Are there any lessons that you can take into the business world
-How close was your Q5/Q6 forecast to your actual results?
-What is the biggest risk to your business?
-What is your Debt : Equity plan going forward?
-What type of CEO are you?
20. Reference list (must do in-text reference and reference list - Harvard style)
Attachment:- report to the board.pdf