>> Marketing Management
Develop a Marketing Plan
1. You have been appointed to the newly created position of Marketing Manager at Wellington Wines.
2. Wellington Wines (Pty) Ltd is a successful single production site winery situated at Mudgee in New South Wales. Wellington Wines currently sells the following branded products in the Australian market through both the independent and the supermarket chains:
- Wellington Sauvignon Blanc - 750 ml bottled wine
- Wellington Chardonnay - 750ml bottled wine
3. Key Data for Wellington Wines (Pty) Ltd based on simulated Financial Year (FY) report of 2015:
- Sales revenue for the FY 2015 was $50 million (AUD)
- Average gross sales revenue per case (12 x750ml) for the FY 2015 was $120.00 (AUD)
- Average trade mark up in the supermarket sector for the FY 2015 was 30%
- 2% of sales revenue is allocated as Marketing budget for the following FY
1. The shareholders want you to grow sales by 15 per cent in the Australian market and you are required to prepare a detailed marketing plan for FY2016-17.
Your marketing plan (report format) should include the following:
I. Executive Summary.
II. Current Situation.
III. Objectives and Issues.
IV. Target Market, Customer Analysis and Positioning.
V. Marketing Strategy.
VI. Marketing Programs.
VII Financial and Operational Plans
VIII. Metrics and Implementation Control.