>> Term Paper
Paradise Hospital, Inc. is a for-profit hospital. As the facility's new hospital administrator, you have been tasked with improving the service value of the hospital. The administration has not done this process since the hospital began operating in the year 1995. The investors are not familiar with the value proposition strategies of hospitals in the current day America.
Write a four page paper in which you:
1. Articulate the meaning of value-added service as it pertains to patient care services, and argue the major reasons why it matters to add value to patient services. Justify your response.
2. Outline a system for identifying the functional areas in which changes might be necessary in order to improve the hospital's service value. Recommend the key methods that you would use to acquire the information necessary to identify the specified functional areas.
3. Specify four (4) specific areas where you believe the administration can add value in Paradise Hospital, and argue the most significant reasons why such value proposition would improve the value of services to the patients.
4. Use four (4) recent (within the last five  years) quality academic resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Propose methodologies that have been proven to increase value in health care delivery systems.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in health care management.
Write clearly and concisely about health care management using proper writing mechanics.
Preview Container content
PARADISE HOSPITAL – IMPROVING SERIVCE VALUE 1
SERVICE VALUE TO CUSTOMER 1
IDENTIFYING THE FUNCTIONAL AREAS 1
AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT 2
1. HYGIENE 2
2. SPECIALIZED TEAM 2
3. TRACKING HEALTH OF PATIENTS AFTER DISCHARGE 2
4. PROPER STAFFING AND TRAINED STAFF 3
Paradise hospital was established in 1995 and has been working since then as a for-profit hospital. Since its start, the hospital has never done anything to increase the service value for the customer. The administration of the hospital is not very familiar with the process of increasing service values and they have decided to assign this responsibility to the new hospital administrator.
SERVICE VALUE TO CUSTOMER
In health care industry, the service value to the customers means the outcome of their health related problems i.e. how well they are treated, how well they are informed and how fast the whole treatment process is. Service value, for customers, in health care industry is basically the value of life that the doctors have for their patients. Therefore, value is always defined around the customer in the health care industry. Health is the most important factor in anybody’s life and no person feels like compromising with health related issues. Thus, the value that they attach to health care services are quite high and mean a lot to them if the health care centre provides them the right information, the right treatment at the right time.