>> Term Paper
Is It Dangerous to Drive and Use Cell Phones?
1. Follow the five (5) steps of persuasion: establishing credibility, acknowledging the audience’s position, constructing a rationale, transplanting root elements, and asking for a response.
2. Clearly define your position and supporting evidence.
3. Include all the necessary “evidence” for the reader to reach the expected conclusion in each argument in the paper (whether the overriding argument or one contained in an individual paragraph)
4. Ensure that each argument in the paper (whether the overriding argument or one contained in an individual paragraph) is valid and free from both formal and informal fallacies.
5. Include at least four (4) references (sources). At least one (1) of your sources must be obtained from the collection of databases accessible from the Learning Resources Center Web page.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and effectively organized writing: • The paper is well-organized, and every explanation is both complete and easy to understand. • Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph for the paper. • Main ideas should be addressed in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences. •
Preview Container content
The knowledge factor is accumulated by the access of relevant material about the case or study taken under. I have collected the news materials of accidents and found the reasons and I reached on this conclusion that there are ample evidences are present to show that driving and using the cell phone is quite dangerous and caused many serious accidents on roads.
I read the facts and figures of government publication about road accidents and collected data about how many accidents happened due to using cell phone while driving and the result are alarming so I collected these data to convince the reader about the danger. Each year it is found that the road accidents can cause 636,000 crashes, 330,000 injuries, 12,000 major injuries, 2,600 deaths, and $ 43 billion in damages. There are four times greater risks of accident when a person talks on phone and drives.
Many people believe that driving and simultaneously using cell phone is quite dangerous. The roads accidents are so prevalent that this makes a person uncertain about safety. This topic has wide scale impact on society and mass believes that the road accidents must be stopped and there must be awareness among people for safety driving. This topic has enough rationality and the topic draws attention towards security measurements to be adopted for safe driving. The real danger and fear of losing life makes this a dreading factor and the rationality involved in demands that the road accidents. The topic has been able to convince the audience at wide scale that the records of road accidents are alarming and if the records are even presented in biased way the intensity of road accidents around people make them believe and convinced that the topic presents the reality and the safeguards against it must be taken. The research conducted on this topic got vociferous reply from people that they want to see the safety manual must be in right place.
The audience position in this topic is analyzed further. The audience position is determined by analyzing some reports and in this the SAAQ study has been used and the respondent’s views are taken regarding road accidents