>> Management Theories
Unit VII Research Paper
OSHA has identified four categories of hazards that account for more than 50% of all construction fatalities:
- Struck by object-84 (10.1%)
- Electrocutions-71 (8.6%)
- Caught-in/between-21 (2.5%)
The assignment is to write a research paper involving one of these four construction hazard categories. You may narrow your topic down to a more specific type of accident within the major category. For example, under falls, you could focus your research on falls from ladders. When writing the paper, consider the following questions:
1. What are the common causative factors?
2. What does data indicate?
3. What are the effective proven corrective measures?
Remember that a significant aspect of any research paper is the summary analysis by the writer of that research (in this case, you).
The submission must be a minimum of three pages in length, not including the title page or reference page. A minimum of three scholarly reference sources must be used.
Scholarly sources include:
- peer-reviewed journal articles (Click here to access a webinar outlining peer-reviewed articles.)
- safety reference books and textbooks, and
- other publications by safety professionals and organizations (print or online).
Use government and professional safety-related sources, such as osha.gov., niosh.gov, asse.org, nsc.org, and nfpa.org. Contact your professor if you have any questions about the validity of a reference source.
APA format is required. Be sure to use in text citations for direct quotes and paraphrased information.