Reference no: EM13754715
Suppose you are the CISO at a large company and are trying to convince the Board of Directors that there is a business need for a system forensics department and lab, and substantial funding is needed.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Develop a compelling argument that you would present to the Board, making a case for creating a system forensics department and building a functional lab.
2. Describe the difference between corporate investigations and law enforcement investigations and determine why corporate investigations are an integral part of an information security program.
3. Explain the importance of employing dedicated system forensics specialists who are familiar with multiple computing platforms and the negative affect the lack of familiarization can have on an investigation.
4. Compare and contrast public laws and company policy in terms of computer forensics and identify the role each plays in an investigation.
5. Analyze the importance of using forensic specialists and professional conduct in an investigation and the affect this has in a court case and / or corporation investigation.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.