Individual retirement accounts

Assignment Help Finance Basics
Reference no: EM13742550

LASA: Understanding 401(k) and IRAs

For this assignment, you will prepare a PowerPoint presentation evaluating and explaining the 401(k) and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) at a local community center, where you have been invited to speak. The audience will be a group of people who already work for companies that provide a 401(k) plan, so they are familiar with the basic concepts. The goal of the presentation is to explain to the audience the differences between the 401(k) and IRAs. Include the following:

  • Explain which account would earn more money for the investor: a traditional IRA or a Roth IRA. Support your statements with reasons and examples.
  • Describe how people can identify their federal tax brackets.
  • Use the following hypothetical questions/situations to explain the retirement plans in further detail.
    1. If you were to invest $3,500 in traditional IRA and a Roth IRA, after making adjustments for possible tax deductions, what would your net contribution be for both the traditional and Roth IRA? Explain any differences your research shows.
    2. Once the traditional IRA or Roth IRA is established, you decide to invest the proceeds in a mutual fund. Identify the type of mutual fund you would select. Examples include stocks, bonds, or a balanced mutual fund. Using the Internet, research and select a specific mutual fund that meets your desired risk tolerance. You can use examples of mutual fund companies such as Oppenheimer and Franklin Templeton. Be sure to justify your selection.
    3. Based on the average annual return on the mutual fund selected, you invest $3,500 for thirty years without withdrawing any of the proceeds. How large would the balance be at the end of thirty years? Include your calculations in your presentation.
    4. To avoid the process of probate, and ensure that the balance in this fund transfers upon death to a person of your choice, explain how this account should be set up to ensure a prompt and direct transfer.

As an employee of an organization, you may have access to invest in a 401(k) plan. Explain what a 401(k) plan is as well as its benefits. When one has the option to utilize a 401(k) from an employer, explain what restrictions are in place to limit 401(k) contribution?

Reference no: EM13742550

Previous Q& A

  Select an organization and describe its history

Select an organization and describe its history, products, and major competitors in a paragraph or two. Develop a SWOT analysis detailing the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that may affect the organization.

  What are the critical success factors for retail e-business

What is the source of expertise behind Amazon's online book recommendations and how do you feel about online merchants tracking your purchases and using this information to recommend additional purchases?

  Use of antibiotics to affect blood clotting

How would you expect the extended use of antibiotics to affect blood clotting

  Discuss why communication skills are important

discuss why communication skills are important to organizational success and why recruiters focus so much on finding leads with good communication skills. What happens when there are problems with communications in the workplace (re-work, low mora..

  What environmental factors control stomatal movement

Explain how CO2 enters leaves. What environmental factors control stomatal movement? How are these factors related to physical and chemical properties that control the opening and closing of stomata

  Describe your primary reason for painting a self-portrait

Explain "your" primary reason for painting a self-portrait. Describe "your" artistic choices in composition: use of color, space, etc. Explain what the portrait represents about "you".

  Payback period of the project

1. What is the payback period of the project? 2. What is the profitability index of the project? 3. What is the IRR of the project?

  Identify blood flow

Identify a concept (blood flow/circulation in from the heart) that you felt you needed to better understand

  Type of possessory interest

Mildred deeded property to her daughter, Victoria. The deed explicitly stated that Mildred would remain the owner of the property for the remainder of her life and that at her death, Victoria would become the owner of the property. What type of po..

  How are the companies in business protecting users

How are the companies in this business protecting their users from such assaults, and how can these companies improve the security of online classifieds?

Reviews

Write a Review

 

Similar Q& A

  What is the variance of the returns on rtf

The probability of a boom is 63 percent while the probability of a recession is 37 percent. What is the variance of the returns on RTF, Inc. stock?

  The interest rate on us government securities with one-year

the interest rate on south korean government securities with one-year maturity is 4 percent and the expected inflation

  Evaluate whether they are exhibiting any sign

Chris and Karen have a combined take-home income of$5,000. Their total monthly payments on consumer debt are$875. What is their debt safety ratio?

  Differences between capital and operating leases

Purchase vs. Leasing. not a paper.Scenario: Many companies choose to lease equipment, automobiles, etc. in lieu of purchasing the items.

  Changing currency value and its effect on trade

Explain how a rise in the euro might affect a French company exporting wine to the U.S., and compare that to the impact on a German firm importing semiconductors from the U.S.

  What is the new volume per month

What volume of patients per month will it take for the center to breakeven?

  How much will be collected during the 4th quarter

Sales for the next calendar year are estimated at $2,100, $1,600, $2,500 and $2,300, respectively, by quarter, starting with the first quarter of the year. Assume a year has 360 days. How much will be collected during the 4th quarter?

  External funding requirements

Determine the external funding requirement if the company has a constant dividend policy with a 3% annual growth rate?

  You have the opportunity to purchase an insurance policy

question 1you have the opportunity to purchase an insurance policy for your newborn son. you must make the payments

  Computation of cost of capital for the funds needed

Computation of cost of capital for the funds needed to meet the expansion goal and This capital structure is believed to be optimal

  Using all this information what is the expected return for

for walt disney company find an estimate of beta for your company. you might consider examiningusing an industry

  Most recent financial statements

Most recent financial statements

Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd