Reference no: EM13887708
For Module 4, consider Monsanto Inc. mission and strategy from the perspective of its learning and growth (from your work on the case, your previous course work, and your background reading, you should be reasonably clear what such activities are). In this section of the assignment you'll begin to identify objectives and measures relevant to that perspective. Refer back to the presentation below on objectives if you need to.
INTERNAL BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE
|Most Effective Use of Contracting Approaches to Maximize Efficiency and Cost Effectiveness
||Use of Electronic Commerce:
|Use of Electronic Commerce:
||1. Percent of purchase and delivery orders issued through electronic commerce as a percentage of total simplified acquisition actions.
|Data Solace: Electronic Small Purchase Systems, FPDS-NO, BPS, DOEC-Webb, local
||2. Percent of all synopses (for which widespread notice is required) and associated solicitations posted on FEDBIZOPPS for actions oveaS25K This measure will be tracked at HQ.
||3. Percent of all new competitive acquisition transactions over $100K conducted through electronic commerce.
|Data Generation: Data is tabulated from the listed tacking systems.
|Data Verification: Procurement Directors are responsible for accurately reporting results and retention of records in accordance with records management requirements. Records will be made available for compliance and/or HQ reviews.
|Performance Based Service Contacts:
||Performance Based Service Contracts:
|Data Solace: FPDS -NG.
||PBSCs awarded as a percentage of total eligible new service contract awards (applicable to actions over $100K.
|Data Generation: Data is tabulated from the listed tracking system.
|Data Verification: Procurement Directors are responsible for accuracy of data entered into the FPDS -NO. HQ will randomly sample pre .and post award actions and compare against the FAR PBSC standards.
||Percent of total eligible service contract dollars obligated for PBSCs (applicable to all actions over 2$5K). This measure will be tracked at HQ.
Once you're reasonably clear on what's involved, think about your organization and its learning and growth processes, and then:
• Identify at least three objectives for improving the organization's learning and growth, and show how they relate to the mission, vision and strategy of the organization.
• For each objective, develop at least one meaningful performance measure (metric).
• For each objective, identify at least one expected level of performance (target).
• For each objective, identify at least one new action or program that needs to be developed to ensure successful implementation of the organization's strategy (initiative).
• Comment briefly on the relationships of the learning and growth objectives that you've identified here to the financial objectives that you identified in the Module 1 SLP assignment, the customer service objectives you identified in Module 2, and/or the internal business process objectives you identified in Module 3. How do they help to fulfill those objectives? If they don't (and they don't have to), what makes them more important than objectives that would relate to customer service, business processes, or financial operations?
• Finally, do you wish to make any changes to your Module 1, 2, or 3 objective write-ups in light of your Module 4 experience?
Here's a table that you may wish to copy and fill in (the boxes are expandable - take all the space you need to be complete in your descriptions. No more than 2-3 pages should be necessary.)