>> Other Subject
Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
HCI in-depth evaluation for websites
Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping) Students will be able to:
a. Understand basic concepts and theories relating to Human-Computer interaction (HCI) and user interfaces
b. Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of user interface design, evaluation and technologies
c. Demonstrate skills in designing and evaluating interactive systems and web-based applications
Assignment - Specification
The purpose of the report is to provide a critical evaluation of the nominated websites and to support your observations and recommendation convincingly. By performing an in-depth evaluation of the attached websites.
Upon the completion of the task, you are to provide a formal report documenting your critical evaluation of the two websites. The report should draw particular attention to the interactive aspects and user interface design of the website. Support your critique with appropriate HCI design and evaluation principles as described in Chapter 1, 2, and 4 of your textbook (Shneiderman & Plaisant, 2010).
In your report you should:
1. Provide an overview and description of the nominated websites.
2. Identify and elaborate the main features of the websites, drawing on your first impression of the websites, accessibility, navigation, homepage, etc. (Refer to Powell,T 2002. Web Design: The Complete Reference, 2nd Ed)
3. Compare and contrast the two websites against the HCI design principles and usability principles.
4. Based on your critique and analysis in items (1) to (3) above, provide a recommendation on how the websites should be improved. Conversely, if further improvement is not required, then provide the reasons why that this is the case.
1. Introduction - State the purpose and objectives of the report.
2. Discussion - Build your arguments into a cohesive thread, presenting your observations and findings that you have collated from section (1) to (3) from ‘What to Include' section.
3. Recommendation - This is the section where you present your recommendations -Item (4) from the ‘What to include' section.
4. Conclusion - Summarise your findings, consolidating and drawing attention to the main points of the report.
5. References. (a minimum of 4 references)
In this assignment, the researcher has analyzed two websites where one of them is rebel sports and another is the Nick Scali. Nick Scali is mainly a business that sells various types of types of furniture and Rebel sports sales all the sports-related product required for men, women, and kids. The researcher has differentiated both the web pages and also discussed what are the strong and weak points on both of the reseahc., The researcher has provided recommendations about the websites by identifying the weak points.