Reference no: EM131111976
Leadership and Ethics in Healthcare
In this unit, you will communicate a healthcare advocacy plan. You will contact either a local healthcare agency for Ocala, Florida in Marion County (Marion County Health Department (352-629-0137) or healthcare facility (i.e., clinic, hospital, or nursing home) to research 2-3 healthcare issues affecting the local community. Whoever you talk to you need to get their name and title and it needs to be included in your paper.
Explain the issues facing your community, possible methods to alleviate the concern, and how you would ethically advocate for the respective population. You must include five reasons.
You are required to research the specific issues presented with credible sources (e.g., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute of Health, Census Bureau, etc.).
In a 3-page paper, provide a summary of your findings, including at least 3 credible references to support your memorandum.
Notes from professor:
• Create a healthcare advocacy plan
• Contact a local healthcare agency, public health department, etc. Or a healthcare facility clinic, hospital, nursing home, etc.
• Research 2-3 healthcare issues affecting your community
• prepare a white paper for your local health officials
• Explain the issues facing your community
• List possible methods to alleviate the concern
• Describe how you would ethically advocate for the respective population(s)
• Provide a summary of your findings
• support your position with researched findings
• Provide up to five reasons for your position
• Include at least three credible references to support your plan
• Research the ssues with credible sources cdc, nih, etc.
• Write a 3-page white paper to present your plan