>> Other Subject
Assignment: Annual Review
Imagine you work at a company and it is time for an employee named Jim's annual review. While he was a model employee the first nine (9) months of the year, recently Jim has been coming in late. It has not been just a few minutes each day, either. It is starting to cause problems in the production line. In this assignment, write a one (1) page summary of your conversation with Jim. How will you address his recent performance issues while still praising him for his previous nine (9) months of good work? Your goal is to balance the negative and positive feedback so that Jim will leave motivated to do his best.
Write a one (1) page paper in which you:
1. Explain how you will address Jim's recent performance issues.
2. Suggest both constructive and positive feedback designed so that Jim will leave motivated to do his best.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain effective approaches to the broad spectrum of employee relations, including career development, fostering ethical behavior, discipline, labor relations, and dismissals.
- Analyze various techniques, considerations, and designs of performance appraisal programs.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management.
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics.