Reference no: EM131216053
Problem description -
A hospital wants to analyze the performance of its emergency department (ED) and is interested in the following questions, among others:
- How are the waiting times distributed across different patient groups?
- To what extent would varying staff capacity reduce waiting times across different patient groups?
You are asked to help the hospital to answer those questions by building a simulation model of the ED.
Tasks to be completed for the Coursework -
a) Model the process described above in Simul8. Justify any assumption and simplification that you made during the modelling process.
b) Explain how you determine the warm up time and the number of replications.
c) Give the following statistical outputs for every hour of the day:
- A diagram displaying the average total waiting time, the average waiting for physicians, the average waiting for nurses and the average waiting for rooms.
- A diagram displaying the average overall waiting for physicians, the average waiting for surgeons, the average waiting for internists and the average waiting for nurses.
- A diagram displaying the average utilization of rooms and average availability of rooms.
d) A hospital manager has two ideas how the waiting time can be reduced.
The first idea is to assign an additional nurse from 4 pm - 10 pm. The second idea is to assign an additional internist from 12 (noon) - 4 pm. Do those suggestions make sense? To what extend is overall waiting and waiting for physicians, nurses and rooms reduced by this?
Considering the setting described above, what extensions have to be made for a more realistic simulation?
Attachment:- Simulate Assignmnet.rar