Reference no: EM13936020
Past, Present and Future Perspectives in Health Care Research
Textbooks: Roberts, P., & Priest, H. (Eds.). (2010). Healthcare research: A textbook for students and practitioners. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell.
Cunningham, C. J. L., Weathington, B. L., &Pittenger, D. J. (2013). Understanding and conducting research in the health sciences. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley & sons.
Instructions: Please ensure to substantiate your response with scholarly sources or a personal account of your own experience in the work place. Cite and reference work! 150 to 175 word count.
1. This overview begins an important discussion of what is likely to be in your future as HealthCare Administrators. As you read this doc, what do you believe will be 2-3 of the most impactful changes in healthcare in the next 5-10 years?? Thoughts on this? See attached Weekly Overview- WK 5
2. Please highlight what you found most interesting about Chapter 11. See Chapter 11 attached
3. Look at chapter 11 attached: Case Example 11.1: Pre-operative Fasting-- this case offers a good perspective on how communication amongst caregivers impacts the quality of patient care. Communication is the foundation of our work in Healthcare-- assuring the best possible outcomes for those entrusted to our care. What do you think of the example presented, its outcome & importance as regards the care of those undergoing anesthesia for surgery? What do you think of the research process presented?
4. Read and discuss the article: Health care reform by Roehr, Bob (Jul 2008) http://search.proquest.com.contentproxy.phoenix.edu/docview/231206765/fulltext/781B6DF24EFD4F3DPQ/3?accountid=458
5. Read and discuss the Improving Health Care Quality: http://archive.ahrq.gov/research/findings/factsheets/errors-safety/improving-quality/improving-health-care-quality.html
6. Chapter 8: Health Services Research: Scope and Significance: When you review this document, kindly add your impressions. How useful is this info now & how useful will it be to learn this for your future as a HealthCare Administrator??
7. Read the paper "What Factors Influence National Health Research Agendas in Low and Middle Income Countries?"http://www.cohred.org/downloads/cohred_publications/rp5.pdf
8. Discuss your thoughts- Watch the segment "Public Demand Versus Research Protocol" in the MS Wars: Hope, Science, and the Internet. http://fod.infobase.com/p_ViewVideo.aspx?xtid=52229
9. Explore the impact of NIH research page of the National Institutes of Health website. Discuss your thoughts. http://www.nih.gov/about-nih/what-we-do/impact-nih-research
10. Identify one innovation that has been developed in the last 20 years that has influenced the health care industry such as:
• Organ Transplants
• Use of Hospitalists for In-patient Hospital Care
• Use of Robots during surgical procedures
• Other examples--- obtain approval from Faculty --add your example here for discussion & approval
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that discusses the following:
• Explain how evidenced-based research influences the health care industry
• Discuss how your example has improved (or not) healthcare delivery
• Discuss one external influence on healthcare research
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.Cite 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly references to support your paper.