Reference no: EM132320580
Information Technology for Business Assignment - Report: IT impact on business
Purpose of the assessment - Students are required to research on a real life business and the impact of IT on the chosen business.
1. Students will be able to evaluate and justify theoretical and practical knowledge of information technology in a business context.
2. Students will be able to analyse information technology issues in a business environment and provide solutions to these issues using their knowledge of information technology and practical techniques in a business environment.
3. Students will be able to apply research skills analysing academic literature and integrating ideas from the literature to the information technology issues in business and in preparation for life-long learning.
4. Students will be able to understand the ICT profession in information technology.
5. Students will be able to communicate using effective oral and written communication tools, act in a professional manner.
6. Students will be able to review and describe the major privacy, legal, ethical and societal issues with respect to managing digital information and information systems.
Assignment Specifications -
Purpose - The purpose of this assignment is to find recent news that involves information security breaches, analyse the chosen news and produce a report.
Assignment Requirements - You are to research a real life business example of your choice and the impact of IT on that business.
1) Does your chosen business need IT?
2) Why IT is important for business survival?
3) What is required to apply IT into your chosen business? (I.e. cost, planning, designing, equipment, installation, training, etc...).
4) How does your chosen business use IT? (Internally such as employees, and externally such as customers, suppliers).
5) What benefits and advantages does IT bring to your chosen business? (I.e. revenue, flexibility, reduces cost, etc....).
6) What type of risks does IT bring to your chosen business? (i.e. security, privacy, confidentiality).
7) How can your chosen business maintain and monitor IT?
Your report will be assessed on the quality of your research and report presentation. Discussion must be relevant to your chosen business. Your report is to be in the style of a business report. There is a limit of ten pages excluding appendices.
You can choose a business from any of the following industries:
- Food processing
- Banking and finance
- Printing and publishing
- Computer gaming
Examples: Trip Advisor, Telstra, Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Qantas.
Report Must include -
1. Introduction: Clear statement of purpose, clarity of methods and assumptions; systematic approach to project.
2. Use of resources: Application of relevant course concepts, tools and frameworks use of evidences, engagement with the literature.
3. Content: Balanced coverage of each of the important points, Richness of analysis; Flow of ideas; Validity of objectives, Use of own insight and originality; Feasibility of recommendations and implementation consideration.
4. Organization and Presentation: Clarity of structure, quality of presentation, style and readability. Title page, Table of contents, List of abbreviations and/or glossary, Executive summary/abstract, Introduction, Body, Conclusion Recommendations, Bibliography, Appendices.
5. Citation practice: Appropriate citation of sources and evidences used.