>> Other Subject
The topic selected is how customer service can be improved in Melbourne's taxi industry in order to satisfy customers. in literature you have to mention opinions of other well know people in this particular industry.
Your own ideas and opinions are not required. you also have to mention the name of person whose ideas you are going to discuss. moreover 12 references to different articles or journals are required from where you will pick the data.
Your preliminary project proposal will need to be polished to reach the required standard before you can proceed the Capstone Project itself.
This check list will guide you on what is expected:
• What is your topic and what is its business significance?
• What questions will you research?
• What research methodologies will you deploy?
• What data will you collect?
• What data analysis will you do?
• What will be the steps in your project and what are the various target dates?
• Who is your primary mentor/supervisor?
• You will also need to attach a completed ethics checklist
Task 2: Project Literature Review:
This will consist of developing a comprehensive literature review chapter for the business research proposal. You will have to identify a business research topic, describe the literature on the research topic and provide hypotheses based on the literature for the research questions you have already defined in your research proposal.
This is an individual assignment.
Task 3: Capstone Project Report
The final research report will consist of all items included in the final report template.
Preview Container content
Industry Problems 1
Improvements in Taxi Industry of Melbourne 3
Knowledge Test of Drivers 3
Price Notification 4
New System of Taxi Zones 4
Excessive Entry Test 5
Advancement of Taxi Services in Regional Areas 5
Taxi Services for People with a Disability 6
Literature’s Review 6
Country Taxi Service 9
Government Recommendations 9
Here in this report we will discuss about an essential topic that how customers’ services can be improved in Melbourne’s taxi industry in order to satisfy customers. The reason behind discussion of this topic is some key problems that are observed in Victorian Taxi Industry, Melbourne, Australia. To identify these key problems an inquiry is announced by the premier of Victoria, Ted Baillieu. This inquiry was implemented by Taxi Services Commission into the taxi industry and taxi services. This inquiry was announced in 28th March, 2011. The main purpose behind this inquiry was to identify the level of satisfaction of customers, their level of confidence on these taxi services and security and safety of customers by taxi drivers. As we know that to drive any vehicle, proper training and knowledge is necessary. Here in this report we will discuss about various key problems that are noticed by customers and they have complained against this. To resolve this problem of customers and to provide them better services Melbourne taxi’s industry has also done various improvements. Besides this, we will discuss that literature’s review on this problem and improvements of taxi’s industry.
Following are some essential problems that were listed by Mr. Baillieuein this announcement.
• Customers were not satisfied with taxi services and a severe decline was noticed within last 5 to 6 years. This thing was affecting taxi industry continuously and also put effects on revenue and profits of this industry.
• There were various security and safety issues of customers were found due to carelessness of taxi drivers. This was happened due to improper testing of skills of taxi drivers and their knowledge in this field.
• Taxi drivers are not getting proper support from taxi’s industry and this is also a reason that taxi drivers are not able to provide proper support to customers. There is requirement to make government policies and rules for taxi drivers and so that this issue of government support can be resolved.
• While doing this inquiry, it is found that drivers have too-many poor skilled drivers with inadequate knowledge. This is not right at all with customers. They trust on drivers and use these services. Taxi industry of Melbourne was not serious about this and they were hired less skilled people.