Reference no: EM131190027
Sexual Predator Prosecution
Prepare a paper that details your home state's approach to sexual predators. Address following items in your paper:
1. Explain your home state's laws that prohibit conduct that would be considered predatory.
2. Analyze the classification of the crimes and punishments (misdemeanors or felonies).
3. Describe the types of punishments (mandatory or discretionary).
4. Based on the statutes you researched, evaluate whether mere solicitation of improper activities is enough for a prosecution or whether there must be physical contact to gain a conviction.
5. Analyze the statutes and their varying sentencing severity on sexual predators. Provide your opinion on the adequacy of the statutes.
Note: If you cannot locate your state's statutes, please research Florida's.
For help completing this assignment, please reference the Sample Paper.
The paper must be three to four pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page. For information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.