Reference no: EM131369326 , Length:
Instructions for Assignment
Read the unit overviews, the associated chapters in the book, participate in the online discussions until week 4, read related research and answer the associated questions.
1) Explain the differences and focus of MIS systems and KMS systems. Research online, present a specific company that most benefits from each type of system, analyse how each company uses the system and explain the benefits that each system provides for the specific company. (1000 words)
2) Based on the theory presented in the course and other research on IS, present an outline of an MIS solution for a medium to large company that offers either products or services to its clients. Consider the organizational strategy, the functionalities and the applications.
3) Apply Porter's competitive forces model in a bank. Make recommendations on how current IS, online collaboration, Web 2.0, Social Networks and the increasing popularity of mobile devices could benefit the bank and its customers. In your analysis have a separate section that discusses the security implications of the above technologies for the bank and for the customers of the bank.(800 words)
Instructions for Assignment
Read the unit overviews, the associated chapters in the book, participate in the online discussions until week 6, read related research, the web pages related to this assignment and answer the associated questions. After exploring some academic research for the first assignment we will explore some industry solutions. The following website has information on the SIMATIC IT Preactor software:
1) Explain in your own words the capabilities of the software. Have there been any success stories of companies using it? Are there similar products from competitors and how do these compare as far as capabilities are concerned?
2) Give an overview of E-commerce, M-commerce and E-business. Discuss how companies that work using the E-business model can obtain a competitive advantage in relation to traditional businesses. Explain how traditional companies can implement the E-business model while keeping their traditional status. Also discuss how a traditional business can fully convert to an E-Business (dropping its traditional status). Analyse the benefits of E- commerce for the customers of such business. (1000 words)
3) Read the case study for Assignment 2 and answer the following:
a) What were the concerns of the New York City cabbies over the new use of the new system? Were their concerns justified and why or why not?
b) If you were the manager of the New York City's Taxi & Limousine Commission, what would you have done to create a smoother transition to the new system?
c) Many cabbies expressed the opinion that the technology being installed in their cabs was inevitable, no matter what their opinion. Do you agree with this assessment? Why or why not?
d) As a customer of a cab service, would you appreciate the benefits provided by the new system in New York City? Would it help provide you with a favourable view of the city in general? List the benefits and provide your view of each.
Your assignment should be typed using Times New Roman 12 font. It must have 1.5 line spacing. All margins should be 1 inch.
Assignment File Name
Your file should have the following format: Second name, space, first name, space, module code, space, ‘Assignment', space, assignment number, space, date in MMYY format.
Attachment:- CASE STUDY.pdf