Reference no: EM131277849
Davis Health Care is dedicated to providing an excellent patient care experience. A recent survey indicated that they could improve their quality of service. Imagine you are charged with identifying an area of improvement for this organization.
Select one area of improvement from the following list to complete Part 1 and Part 2 of this assignment:
• Patient safety
• Staff development and team improvement
• Productivity management
• Patient education
• Another area of improvement - Needs faculty approval
You will focus on this area of improvement throughout the remainder of the course, which will lead to a quality improvement plan in the final week.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you address the following prompts for the area of improvement that you selected from above:
Part 1: Data Collection Tools
• Explain data needed to monitor improvements.
• Explain at least three data collection tools you can use to collect performance information.
• Explain the types of information each tool collects.
• Explain the strengths and weaknesses of each data collection tool.
• Explain how the data collection tools are similar. Explain how the data collection tools are different.
Part 2: Data Display, Measurement and Reporting
• Identify at least two tools that measure and display the QI data that can be gathered with the data collection tools identified in Part 1.
• Explain the types of information each tool measures, displays, and reports.
• Explain each measurement, display, and reporting tool's strengths and weaknesses.
• Explain how the measurement, display, and reporting tools are similar and different from each other.
• Explain how the measurement, display and reporting tools are useful for health care organizations.
Cite at least 3 sources according to APA guidelines to support your information.