Reference no: EM131077044 , Length: word count:4000
Assignment - Infosec Conferences
Summary The world of information security conferences is split into two quite distinct streams - A) academic and B) industry/hacker. The purpose of Assignment is to introduce you to these, and to allow you to explore contemporary research in both streams.
Pick two conference talks or papers, one from a Group A conference and one from a Group B conference. Summarize and review each paper. Each summary and review should be 1200 - 1500 words long. Finally, add 500 - 1000 words summarizing the differences you have discovered between the two types of conferences and their submissions.
In reviewing each talk or paper, consider the following questions:
• What is the major contribution of the paper, in your opinion? Is it the same as the authors believe it to be? How significant is it?
• How original is the work? Does it report on a new and original idea?
• Who is the intended audience for this paper?
• Does the paper represent a platform for future work? Can readers or conference attendees use the ideas presented in their own work?
• The paper was accepted, or we would not be considering it here. Should it have been?
Group A: Academic Conferences
IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security
IEEE TrustCom (IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications)
ACM SACMAT (Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies)
ACM CCS (Conference on Computer and Communications Security)
Proceedings are online at
Talks online at http://www.iacr.org/proceedings/ and via SpringerLink
Group B: Industry and Hacker Conferences
Chaos Communications Congress
Black Hat (US)