Reference no: EM131249424
WHOLE FOODS CASE QUESTIONS
1. What are the chief elements of the strategy that Whole Foods Market is pursuing?
2. Is Whole Foods' strategy well matched to recent developments and conditions in the natural and organic foods segment of the food retailing industry?
3. Do you think John Mackey has a good strategic vision for Whole Foods? Why or why not? What do you like/dislike about the company's "Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet" motto? Do the motto and the principles underlying the motto really matter at this company or are they just nice words and window dressing? Explain.
4. Do WFM's core values as presented in the case really matter? Have they contributed to the company's success? Why or why not?
5. How well is Whole Foods Market performing from a financial perspective?
6. How well is Whole Foods Market performing from a strategic perspective? Is the strategy working? Does the company have a winning strategy?
7. What recommendations would you make to John Mackey regarding the actions that management needs to take to sustain the company's growth and financial performance?