Reference no: EM131232415
The Discussion Board (DB) is part of the core of online learning. Classroom discussion in an online environment requires the active participation of students and the instructor to create robust interaction and dialogue. Every student is expected to create an original response to the open-ended DB question as well as engage in dialogue by responding to posts created by others throughout the week. At the end of each unit, DB participation will be assessed based on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.
At a minimum, each student will be expected to post an original and thoughtful response to the DB question and contribute to the weekly dialogue by responding to at least two other posts from students. The first contribution must be posted before midnight (Central Time) on Wednesday of each week. Two additional responses are required after Wednesday of each week. Students are highly encouraged to engage on the Discussion Board early and often, as that is the primary way the university tracks class attendance and participation.
The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each unit.
The Unit 1 Discussion Board assignment has 2 parts. Complete the following for this Discussion Board.
Part I: LabSim Description and Action Items
Please refer to the following for information about accessing and using LabSim:
• Getting Started with LabSim
• LabSim Navigation
Click here for the instructions for the Unit 1 Lab tasks.
• Review the hardware specifications for your own personal computer, and describe them to the class. You can locate information about your Windows-based computer by doing the following:
1. Click Start > Run
2. A window will pop up and you should type: MsInfo32
3. In a Windows7 or Windows 8 system, click "Start" and then type in "MsInfo32" in the "Search programs and files" field.
• Discuss your experience working with LabSim and completing Unit 1 Lab tasks in Part I. Of the three Sections chosen in LabSim Module 3 (System Components), share your thoughts about one of the simulated labs that you completed. For example, if you completed Section 3.5 (Processors), what did you find interesting from simulation 3.5.7 (Select and Install a Processor 1)? Be sure to describe the component and include the LabSim section and simulation section numbers that you are discussing.
• Review the posts of your classmates, comment on your observations about the similarities and differences of the different hardware specifications mentioned by others in the class.
In your own words, please post a response to the Discussion Board and comment on other postings. You will be graded on the quality of your postings.