Reference no: EM132306255
E-commerce Implementation Report & Prototype Website
1. demonstrate an understanding of the key drivers and challenges faced by digital enterprises that include technology infrastructure, business processes, social media, consumer behaviour and global markets (Problem solving)
2. demonstrate the ability to research and critically evaluate e-commerce business models to gain an understanding of their business application for transforming digital enterprises (Academic, professional and digital literacy)
3. demonstrate the practical skills required to formulate and evaluate a coherent plan for a digital enterprise, develop a prototype business website based on this plan and document and critically evaluate the end-product (Problem solving).
4. demonstrate the ability to write effectively in a clear and concise manner in report style for senior management (Written and oral communication)
Assignment requires you to present a report to discuss implementation issues in the e- commerce management sector, including further extending your prototype website from Assignment 2 to facilitate e-commerce transactions based on the same online business category as in Assignment 2.
You will be required to extend the development of your prototype website using the Joomla! content management system in cloudaccess.net. Details about setting up your website at CloudAccess.net is provided in Joomla Workshop 1.
Your implementation report and prototype website must be related to the online business category assigned to you. Failure to do so will result in your assignments being rejected and no marks will be allocated.
Report: E-commerce Implementation
Report Structure and Presentation
Your report should include a title page, Table of Contents (including List of Tables and List of Figures if applicable) and Appendices.
Note: Make sure to state your name and student number in the report on the title page. State the word count of the report (Introduction to Conclusions & Recommendations)
Report Executive Summary and Introduction
(Introduction - approx. 250 words)
Your report should include an executive summary, and introduction to the report.
Note: Make sure to use the same name for your e-commerce site as reported in Assignment 2.
Report Section 1 - Implementation Plan (approx. 750 words)
The systems development life cycle (SDLC) is a methodology to understand the business objectives of an information systems and to design an appropriate information systems. Using the SDLC methodology, construct an implementation plan for the e-commerce presence for your online business (refer to all of Section 3.2 of Textbook).
The SDLC for an e-commerce site involves five major steps: systems analysis, systems design, building the system, testing the system and continuing maintenance of the system. As a planning report, please list how these steps will be performed for your e-commerce website with reference to the e-commerce strategy adopted in Assignment 2.
Report Section 2 - Social Marketing Campaign (approx. 750 words)
The social marketing process is a series of five steps or stages; fan acquisition, engagement, amplification, community, and finally brand strength or sales.
Briefly explain the five steps and suggest how your website can assist during the five steps of social marketing campaign (refer to pages 478-479 of Textbook).
Report Section 3 -Privacy in Social Networks (approx. 750 words)
Your online website provides a link to social networks for better engagement with your customers. While such interactions are beneficial, your business is considering to adopt ethical ways to manage customer information on social networks.
Your business has decided to alert your existing customers regarding social network communication. You are asked to research why do social networks pose a unique problem to the issue of information privacy, and how might sharing personal information on a social site adversely affect a user? Your research findings will be emailed to your customers and hosted in your website.
Report Section 4 -Mobile Presence (approx. 750 words)
The majority of Internet users access the web using mobile devices these days.
Assuming you intend to develop a mobile presence for your business, briefly explain the steps required to do so? Please refer to section 3.6 from the textbook.
Based on your business category and objectives, determine the key system functionality and information requirements for mobile presence.
How can your business take advantage of m-commerce from customer as well as your business point of views?
Report: Conclusions and Recommendations to the Business (approx. 250 words)
Your report should include separate conclusions and recommendations sections.
- Conclusions provide a summary of your key findings from the body of the report.
- Recommendations provide a summary of the recommendations to your online business based on the implementation study conducted in the report.
Attachment:- E-commerce Implementation Report.rar