Reference no: EM131102381
Discussion Question 1
(1) Discuss how the U.S. should prepare for the future of public health. For example, discuss some considerations to prepare for and reduce any effects from a bioterrorism attack, prepare for natural disasters, and plan for community disaster preparedness.
(2) In your summation, provide your thoughts about establishing members of a multidisciplinary task force to improve the health and welfare of society for self-betterment, improve lives, and help individuals see a better future.
Assignment 2: Public Health Preparedness Capabilities Model
"Review the Public Health Preparedness Capabilities at http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/capabilities/dslr_capabilities_july.pdf. Pay specific attention to the Public Health Preparedness Capabilities Planning Model. Your report should identify and plan for a state of your choosing with an emphasis on the three defined phases":
(1) Assess current state: Assess organizational roles and responsibilities, resource elements, and performance.
(2) Determine goals: Review jurisdictional inputs, prioritize capabilities and functions, and develop short- and long-term goals.
(3) Develop plans: Plan organizational initiatives, capability building/sustain activities, and capability evaluations/demonstrations.
"Each of the three phases and associated steps must be explored in depth and presented in a 4- to 6-page report. Format your report in APA style, citing appropriate references".