Reference no: EM132234738
Question: Purpose: 1. communicate your understanding of the importance of quality information in everyday nursing practice;
2. discuss the roles and responsibilities of a nursing information expert; and
3. articulate how the professional nurse uses information and data in everyday practice to improve outcomes.
Directions: 1. Download the required Interview form. See attached, fill out answers directly on attachment.
2. Select your interviewee and schedule an interview. This individual must be a Registered Nurse. Job titles of RNs who may be considered include, but are not limited to, nursing clinical information manager, super user, director/manager clinical education, chief information officer, quality assurance or performance improvement nurse, nurse informaticist, telenursing specialist, nurse abstractor, case manager, or compliance nurse. If you have any concerns about whether the RN is suitable for this assignment, contact your instructor before you schedule the interview.
3. Review all questions (areas of inquiry) on the Interview Form prior to conducting the interview. You may print the form and take it with you to the interview.
4. Note that there are five required questions to ask the RN.
5. Note that there are four optional questions. You need to select only one of these to ask the RN.
6. Note that there are two follow-up questions you must answer.
7. Prior to conducting your interview, review two scholarly resources. These resources should guide your understanding of the RN's role and responsibilities or make you more knowledgeable about GIGO, interprofessional communication, or other key concepts in the questions that you may not fully understand. For example, if your interviewee is a telenurse, you would want to review information on this specialty. If you do not know what GIGO means, look it up.
8. Answers must be written in 3rd person, and using APA format.
Textbook to be used: Hebda, T., Hunter, K., & Czar, P. (2019). Handbook of informatics for nurses and healthcare professionals (6th ed.). NY, NY: Pearson.