Reference no: EM132184299
Question: Use this week's discussion to support each other and get feedback to improve your Stance Essay (due in Week 10).
1. Select 1-2 paragraph(s) from your paper that you think need improving (share them in the discussion). Then, read the paragraph(s) aloud (preferably to someone else) and respond to the following:
• What types of errors did you find that you didn't catch before?
• Did you uncover any errors that spell check did not identify?
Sometimes, it's easier for other people to catch our writing mistakes. Help your classmates.
• Did you find any spelling, punctuation, and/or capitalization errors?
• Does it flow logically and clearly from one idea to the next?
• Can you identify which part of the essay the shared paragraph(s) are from, i.e, introduction/thesis, body, and/or conclusion?
• Can you offer ideas for improvement?
• What does he/she do well?
How to give feedback: A "good" peer review is specific and combines suggestions for improvement and praise for what works well. A "poor" peer review does not give specifics and does not offer insight to help your classmate reflect on or improve his or her writing.
Optional: Source List
1. Post 2 SWS formatted source lists.
2. Provide feedback on SWS formatting for your peers.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR RESEARCH
• The library is the best place to find resources when researching information for your paper. You can find articles from magazines, newspapers, academic journals, and much more!
• To access the online library, type the URL research.strayer.edu in your browser. We recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
• If you have never used the library before, we recommend watching this 6 -minute video on navigating and searching.
• If you have any questions, you may contact a librarian by sending an email to AYLibrarian@strayer.edu.