>> Other Subject
ACTIVITY: Reflection and observation from your weekly diary updating the Personal Development Plan (PDP).
To be considered and included: objectives, opportunities, goals, "managing skills" to be a functional manager.
ACTIVITY: A draft of my first five diaries is given. Weekly Learning diary underpinning to PDP.
Using Graham Gibbs (1988) Reflective Practiceplease create a REFLECTIVE STATEMENT.
The following activities must be used and included all the way through the REFLECTIVE STATEMENT.
• Skills audit/swot analysis
• Personal Development Plan
REFLECTIVE STATEMENT must include:
• 8-10 learning diaries. The draft of my learning diaries are attached. Please converge them within the model of reflection as necessary. These must be based around different themes.
• At least one model of reflection within your statement. Applying academic concepts -skills of reflection and theories
Evaluate from my own development applying the theories and concepts given (find info on the PowerPoints)
Why does stress occur within the workplace?
- Time pressures or deadlines
- Relationships with others at work
- Too much or too little work
- Changes to work systems
- Threat of redundancy
- Insensitive management
- Personal issues
What is stress and how to think positively?
- Analyse the You Tube clip and summarise the main causes of stress within the workplace and ways to think positively.
- Think about what you can do to reduce stress for yourself and others.
Techniques to be assertive
- Commit to being assertive rather than aggressive/passive and practice.
- At times agree to disagree.
- Stay calm.
- Do not use aggressive language.
- Take a problem solving approach to situations
- Be open and honest.
- Show respect and empathy to other people's views and listen
- Be patient the art of assertiveness will come with practice.
- Look at your rights and what you want. Understand your feelings about the situation.
- Arrange a meeting with the other person.
- Define the problem.
- Describe your feelings.
- Express what you want clearly.
- Reinforce the other person by explaining mutual benefits - Win/win situation.
Think about your own motivation at work and how you are managed
• How does the management within your work environment affect your own and others motivation
• Identify three recommendations for improving motivation within your workplace that either you or a manager could implement?
Belbin's test Role.
I've taken the test and the primary role of myself is CHAIRMAN, being the secondary role EXPLORER.
I agree with the first role as my current job position is "Project Administrator and PA"; although I am not fully agree with the second Belbin role (Explorer).
Your team roles
Your answers have been used to identify which team role(s) suits you best. This suitability is expressed as a percentage.
The nine team roles are the Executive, Explorer, Innovator, Analyst, Driver, Chairman, Completer, Team player and Expert.
ACTIVITY to include in my reflective statement
• Reflect on your role within a team or a group. What role do you play? How do you think others perceive you within the group? How would like to be viewed by your group/team.
• What improvements would you like to make in terms of your role within the group, what actions do you need to follow to make this happen?
Development of a checklist
Taking an organised approach at this stage of the programme is very important as although you may have finished your assignment there are a number of considerations when you finally submit.
• Have you answered the question?
• Is there sufficient discussion of the core concepts?
• Is your work within the acceptable word count?
• Have you read the grading descriptors?
• Have you provided references for all work not your own?
• Are your references in line with Harvard referencing?
• Any issues you need to clarify with your tutor/student support
• Proofread of your assignment
Preview Container content
Part A: Weekly Diary Entry
I identified that at work I had to perform particular tasks to observe, research, ask the other, to make assumptions and to conduct tests. The most significant challenge faced by me was the need for understanding how there can be settlement of video conferences in my company, and within the companies of contractor. Along with this, there is a significant challenge looking for different ways to set video conference at external level with the third parties. I have been successful in connecting almost five third parties by the involvement of a single Video Conference, and also by the use of simultaneously different systems of Video Conferences.
I had been making notes but I was not successful in organizing them in a significant manner. Then later I found out that I was able to evaluate the meaning out of my own notes, but failed in making them understandable for the readers. This increased the need of taking additional time for the development of tutorial report as to how there must be management of video conference with the third parties so the entire time can have an easy understanding, learning and utilization.