Reference no: EM131019243
Provide a response to Case 9: Lowe's Companies, Inc. (p. 451)-answer the 5 questions at the bottom of text page 459 (last paragraph). Do not "Design a three year strategic plan..." as outlined in the final statement. In lieu of this question, you are to answer the following questions:
Develop the projected financial statements that fully measure and evaluate the impact of your proposed strategy. This should include a full balance sheet, income statement and EPS/EBIT analysis.
There are a total of 5 questions/statements that need to be answered for this assignment.
Therefore, the 5 complete questions/statements you will answer are the following:
1. Should Lowe's expand into Canada, or renew efforts to acquire Rona?
2. Would you recommend Lowe's enter the Australian market with 150 new stores as currently planned in an attempt to match Ace's international presence?
3. Would you recommend Lowe's reduce the size of its stores to match Home Depot, and even smaller stores such as Ace and True Value?
4. What do you think are the best strategies for Lowe's to outperform Home Depot as the housing market and world economy continue to improve?
5. Develop Projected Financial Statements that fully assess and evaluate the impact of the proposed strategy. A full balance sheet, income statement, and eps/ebit analysis.
These questions must have detailed answers. Vague answers with no explanation, citations/referencing or reasoning will cause a low grade. Each answer should be a couple of paragraphs long.
• You will need to use information contained in Chapters 7 and 8 of Strategic Management: A Competitive Advantage Approach, Concepts and Cases, 15th Edition in order to successfully complete this assignment.
A significant portion of your grade is made up of your proforma financial statements. Your financial statements should include a full balance sheet, income statement, and eps/ebit analysis. Also, remember that they are projected which means that you are providing information that we do not know yet. You should be analyzing the previous 3-4 years of financial information to project or forecast the upcoming year (2015-2016). Hopefully, these tips help.
Place the results of the exercise(s) in a single document. Be sure that the assignment is in a business professional format; include current APA citing and referencing. You must cite and reference where info came from.