>> Business Management
- Achieve a greater level of independence in the process of learning;
- Show evidence of reflective practice and personal development
- Develop library and basic research skills including, note taking, online and computer searches, required to complete presentations, reports, essays etc.
Instructions to Students:
A REPORT format that complies with the following requirements:
- 1800 words in length;
- Word count must be included, in brackets, at the end of the report;
- Writing in the first person is acceptable in this piece of reflective writing
- Use a REPORT format
- Please note that marks will be deducted for incorrect spelling, grammar or punctuation and for poor presentation of your work
- Your assignment should be presented in formal English, academic style and appropriate format i.e. 1.5 or double line spacing with the same 12 point font used throughout. Your text should be accurately proof-read and free from errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation. A cover page should be included with the assignment title, your name, student number, the name of your programme and the date of submission.
You must write a reflective summary of your personal experiences in Academic Skills in Practice Module, the skills you developed or will further develop and the impact of these on your future career goals.
Define and discuss the concept of a skill, a general overview of yourself; your significant personal achievements and skills. Your introduction should consider a scenario regarding your self-assessment prior to entering the Academic Skills in Practice module.
b. The ASP experience
Discuss in detail the experience you had in class in the development of your academic and career-related skills. Your course experience should focus on the following important points:
- The class activities that developed your skills
- The academic skills that you developed in class(refer to at least 3)
- The career-related skills that you developed in class (refer to at least 3)
Personal insights and importance of learning various skills
This part should focus on your personal assessment. Give a thorough analysis of your skills development in the class. The following should be part of your discussion:
- The academic skills that you think need further development
- The career-related skills that you think need further development
- The importance of developing your academic and career-related skills
d. Application of learned skills
This part should focus on the opportunities ahead of you and how you plan to achieve your goals. This should set the scene of what you want your future look like. The following should be part of your discussion:
- The opportunities that you have at present (possible work or enrolment in your Masters after your Bachelor's)
- The role of academic skills in making you independent learner
- The role of career specific skills that will help you in achieving your goals and being successful at your work place.
- Summarise the above discussion and provide a conclusion for your report.
2. You must use at least five academic sources. Include proper in-text citations and a reference list at the end of your assignment. Follow the Harvard referencing style.
The main purpose of this paper was to highlight on the student' experience in the course to evaluate his skills and competencies in the respective field. In this report, personal reflection is provided for several academic and career-related skills among the student established. In addition, the personal reflection discussed about the main skills and areas requiring specific recommendations in order to be successful. Appropriate referencing is done in Harvard style with appropriate citation of the references