Reference no: EM132233960
Question: 1. State the proposed date of the assessment which should not occur until after Friday of Week 5. Describe the location of the assessment and how privacy/confidentiality will be maintained. Be specific.(20 points)
The assessment shall occur on February 11th, 2019 at CK's home. The assessment shall maintain confidentiality by being aware and having respect for all cultural diversity and beliefs (Boyle, 2011). The participant shall be viewed as an individual and the following trans-cultural nursing assessment tool will find out different cultural preferences through documentation. The assessment shall also keep the general trends like space and distance in mind- as people from some cultures feel comfortable or uncomfortable based on their closeness to others. Furthermore, the assessment shall avoid the use of audio or video recordings as the plans could interfere with the subject confidentiality.
2. Describe the process you will use for documenting your assessment and what steps you will take to ensure its accuracy. For example, do you plan to take notes and then ask the subject for verification, or do you plan to record the assessment in audio or video and then transcribe it?Be specific.
It will be appropriate to gather much information by observing the subject first (Long, 2015). Furthermore, I intend to take short notes during the assessment time by entering the data collected on the assessment template. Accuracy and validity of data shall be ensured through documentation and collection of the signature either electronic or written by the subject.
3. Identify five (5) categories from Appendix A in your text from which you would like to develop primary (and follow-up) questions for your assessment. The categories from which you may choose include:
• Biocultural Variations and Cultural Aspects of the Incidence of Disease
• Cultural Affiliations
• Cultural Sanctions & Restrictions
• Developmental Considerations
• Educational Background
• Health-Related beliefs and Practices
• Kinship and Social Networks
• Religion and Spirituality
• Values Orientation
The following categories shall be considered for use in the assessment to portray the influence of culture on the individual's well-being and health:
• Cultural Affiliations
• Health-Related Beliefs and Practices
Type the names of the five categories you have chosen in the table below in the column marked "Categories."
4. Develop one open-ended primary question for each of the five categories. Please note that the questions should be in your own words and designed to elicit meaningful responses. Use the table to type each question next to its corresponding category.
5. Develop two open-ended follow-up questions for each primary question. Type these next to the corresponding primary questions.Formulate questions that your individual will understand. Avoid "medical/nursing jargon."
6. Indicate reasons for asking specific questions that relate to culture of origin and healthcare experiences.
Information related to above question is enclosed below: