Reference no: EM132280024
Assignments: First assignment
1- Complete this week's assigned readings, chapters 29 & 30. After completing the readings, post a short reflection, approximately 1 paragraph in length, discussing your thoughts and opinions about one or several of the specific theories covered in the readings.
Chapter 29: 1. Describe the concepts of Barrett's Theory of Power as Knowing Participation in Change.
2. Discuss the relationship between Roger's Science of Unitary Human Beings (SUHB) and Barrett's Power theory.
3. Define power from within Barrett's Theory of Power.
4. Discuss the conceptual manifestations of the dimensions of power.
5. Compare and contrast causal and acausalworldviews.
6. Differentiate power-as-freedom and power-as-control.
7. Describe the Power as Knowing Participation in Change Tool (PKPCT, Version I & II).
8. Define Health Patterning and how this is used in Barrett's nursing practice.
9. Describe the focus and provide examples of Health Patterning Modalities.
Chapter 30: 1. Describe Smith's Unitary Theory of Caring.
2. Discuss the relationship between Smith's Unitary Theory of Caring and Rogers' Science of Unitary Human Beings, Newman's Theory of Health as Expanding Consciousness, and Watson's Theory of Transpersonal Caring.
3. Compare and contrast the terms "concept clarification" and "theoretical niches."
4. Describe the five constitutive meanings identified by Smith.
5. Define creative emergence in the context of nursing practice.
6. Identify and discuss empirical indicators in both practice and research for each of the five constituent meanings identified in the Unitary Theory of Caring.
Provide a critique Kristen Swanson's Theory of Caring, making sure to identify benefits, consequences and feasibility of application in clinical practice as a family nurse practitioner. Provide evidence using 2 (two) scholarly articles in order to support your critique.