Reference no: EM132234446
Question: Pay for Performance (P4P)
The U.S. healthcare system has been criticized for high-cost, inefficacy, and issues on quality. P4P is an approach used to provide incentives to physicians and health care provider organizations to achieve improved performance by increasing quality of care and reducing costs.
Write a three- to five-page double-spaced paper (excluding title and reference pages), addressing the following:
• Define the challenges in designing a Pay for Performance (P4P) program.
• Discuss the impacts of P4P on provider payment reform.
• Describe the health care providers' reactions to Value-Based Purchasing Programs.
• Determine the benefits of P4P on patients.
The Pay for Performance (P4P) assignment
1. Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a separate title page with the following:
• Title of paper
• Student's name
• Course name and number
• Instructor's name
• Date submitted
3. Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
4. Must use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or other credible sources in addition to the course text.
• The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment. Be sure to integrate your research rather than simply inserting it.
5. Must document all sources in APA style as outlined here and here.