Reference no: EM13863935
Create a simple Android app to calculate the amount of sales tax that you have to pay, based on the city, county, and state that you are in using either location service information or a manual zip code entry.
The app should have the following features and functions:
• A user must be allowed to choose to calculate the amount of sales tax using either location service information or a manual zip code entry (both must be offered as features of the app).
• A user must be allowed to choose to calculate the amount of sales tax for food items, clothing items, and other items (you may assume that there are different tax rates for these items).
• Display the total amount, the selling price of the item, and the sales tax amount.
• For the assignment testing purposes, you may hardcode the sales tax information for a few different locations to illustrate the features.
• Include some instruction on how to test the app.
The Android Virtual Device (AVD) needs to have the following configuration:
• Device: Nexus One
• Target: Google API (x86 System Image) (Google In) - API Level 19
• CPU: Intel Atom (x86)
• Memory: RAM 768/Heap 32
• Internal Storage: 200MiB
• SD card: 200MiB
With the following settings (note that naming convention and settings MUST be applied to the assignment)
• Application Name: Week1App
• Project Name: <ApplicationName>
• Package Name: edu.phoenix.mbl402.<application-name-in-lower-case>
• Minimum Required SDK: API 14
• Taget SDK: API 19
• Comptaible with: API 19
Once you have developed and tested the application on the AVD, submit the following 4 files as attachments:
• <ApplicationName>.apk file (generated under the /bin directory of the project workspace)
• Screenshot.doc (including all the distinctive screenshots of your application running on the AVD)
• WorkDescrption.doc: Explain how you analyze, design and implement the project, including flowcharts, code samples etc.
• src.zip: Clean the project, then zip the project's workspace into a src.zip file
Attachment:- Android App.zip