>> Term Paper
1. demonstrate applied knowledge of people, markets, finances, technology and management in a global context of business intelligence practice (data warehouse design, data mining process, data visualisation and performance management) and resulting organisational change and how these apply to implementation of business intelligence in organisation systems and business processes
2. identify and solve complex organisational problems creatively and practically through the use of business intelligence and critically reflect on how evidence based decision making and sustainable business performance management can effectively address real world problems
4. demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner in written report style for senior management with correct and appropriate acknowledgment of main ideas presented and discussed.
Assignment 2 consists of two main tasks and a number of sub tasks
Task 1 (Worth 50 marks) consists of the following sub tasks
a) Assignment 2 requires that you research and critically evaluate literature surrounding the problem of effectively assessing loan applications for credit worthiness. Credit worthiness assessment reduces the risks associated with lending by determining which potential loan applications are considered to be good, or alternatively a poor, credit risk and should on that basis be approved or rejected. Good risk management of loan applications can significantly improve the bottom line of financial institutions such as banks, building societies and credit unions. This research will inform your assessment of the credit data set which is provided for Assignment 2 (About 700 words).
b) Conduct an exploratory analysis of the creditdata.csv data set which is provided on the course study desk to identify what you consider to be top five key variables which contribute to determining whether a potential loan applicant is a good credit risk or a bad credit risk. Note you should also refer to the data dictionary provided with the creditdata.csv file as this document defines each of the variables and their range of values. Discuss each of your five top variables in about 200 words in terms of the results of your exploratory data analy sis using RapidMiner data mining tool and the relevant supporting literature on credit assessment. Your discussion should also include appropriate statistical analysis results including graphs and tables produced from an exploratory data analysis using RapidMiner data mining tool (about 800 words).
c) Discuss how and why it is important that information governance and information quality be incorporated into the design of a data warehouse architecture (1000 words approx).
Task 2 (Worth 40 marks) consists of the following sub tasks
With the following excel file bicycle-sales.xlsx provided on the course study desk use Tableau 8.0 or a pivot table to produce the four following reports with appropriate accompanying graphs and briefly comment on each report/graph in about 125 words in terms of what trends and patterns are apparent in each report.
The bicycle sales.xlsx file contains the following dimensions and information:
2. Sub Region
5. Business Segment
9. Sales Date
10. Sales Period
11. List Price
12. Unit Price
13. Order Quantity
14. Sales Amount
a) Create a report and accompanying graph using Tableau 8.0 or a pivot table that lists by sub region, business segment and model for all mountain bikes sold for the years 2002, 2003 and 2004 and comment on key trends and patterns in this report (125 words approx.)
b) Create a report and accompanying graph using Tableau 8.0 or a pivot table that lists by region, sub region, business segment, unit price and list price for all bicycle clothing for the years 2002, 2003 and 2004 and comment on key trends and patterns in this report (125 words approx.)
c) Create a report and accompanying graph using Tableau 8.0 or a pivot table that lists by region, sub region, business segment and model for all the road bicycles in order of the total sales for years 2002, 2003 and 2004 and comment on key trends and patterns in this report (125 words approx.)
d) Create a report and accompanying graph using Tableau 8.0 or a pivot table that lists by category, model, order quality and colour for all bicycles for the years 2002, 2003 and 2004 and comment on key trends and patterns in this report (125 words approx).
Report presentation, and quality of argument appropriately supported by relevant number of references (worth 10 marks)
Your assignment 2 report must be structured as follows, which is similar to the report structure detailed in Summers & Smith 2010:
1. Cover page for assignment 2 report
2. Table of contents
3. Body of report - main sections and subsections for assignment 2 task and sub tasks so Task 1 will be a main heading with appropriate sub headings etc....for each sub task etc.
5. List of References
Harvard referencing resources
Install a reference tool (example Endnote) which integrates with your word processor. These tools are a great help for referencing and citing sources in your assignments.