Reference no: EM13839889
Assignment- Video/Audio editing; Website creation
This assignment consists of two stages:
1. Editing a video with soundtrack, based on audio and video files provided to you. You must use Windows Movie Maker only for this exercise (the version that your lecturer has advised you to use).
2. Creation of a small website incorporating the various media elements created during the assignments for this course.
In the Assignment 2 section of Moodle there is a zip file called "Ass2_Files" available to download - when unzipped this will produce the following files:
• digits-movie.avi (a movie file consisting of short animations of each of the digits from 0 to 9)
• spoken-digits.wav (an audio file consisting of spoken the digits 0 to 9)
• asst2-sample-solution.avi (a sample of the sort of movie which needs to be created for stage 1 of this assignment).
In order to avoid using different versions of the movie maker, the moviemaker file from week 7 (wlsetup-web.exe file 1.2MB) has also been included in the Assignment 2 folder. Students are advised to use this file for stage 1.
Also a free Dreamweaver 30-days trial is located at https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/dreamweaver . If you begin the trial at the end of week 7, this will give you enough trial days to complete the assignment by the due date.
Using digits-movie.avi as source material, create a movie using Movie Maker consisting of the following elements:
• A title screen consisting of black text with Movie Maker's "Stretch" title animation with a white background listing the following information:
• your name;
• your student number;
• course code;
• tutor's full name.
o Ensure that each of the above elements display at the same time during the title animation and that each elements fits across one single line only.
• A series of animated clips extracted from digits-movie.avi, arranged so as to display the digits of your student number in sequence. Each digit clip should show for close to 4 seconds including the transition and must be accompanied by the name of the digit being spoken (extracted from the spoken-digits.wav file), with the first, third, fifth & seventh digits being clearly louder than the other digits.
• You must use the following transitions between each clip, with each transition being as close to 1 second in length as possible:
o 1st and 2nd digit: zig zag vertical;
o 2nd and 3rd digit: Checkerboard;
o 3rd and 4th digit: Star;
o 4th and 5th digit: Pixelate;
o 5th and 6th digit: Diamond;
o 6th and 7th digit: Shatter top-left;
o 7th and 8th digit: Keyhole.
• Credits, again using black text and a white background, listing yourself as producer, director, stunt person and caterer (in this order) of this movie. Use the credits "Cinematic-Burst 2" option. Again ensure that each element is contained over one single line and that all requirements show on screen at the same time.
Save your movie both as a Movie Maker project file (.wlmp), and as an .mp4 file.
Create a website consisting of 5 pages, with the following titles outlined below. Study the example website provided carefully because your design must closely mirror it in design. You are also required to have a single external cascading style sheet (named "style.css") that will direct some of the formatting and look of your site. All CSS requirements will be explained within the following sections. ITECH 5004 students are not allowed to use tables to structure their websites. ITECH1004 students may use tables or CSS to structure their site. ITECH5004 student alternatively must only use CSS Div tags for their site structure and are not allowed to use tables.
HINT: Build your home page and CSS first and then if you make a copy of this page for all subsequent pages, they will all contain identical formatting and navigation.
All pages should have the following features:
• A non-white background colour and a well-chosen text colour (use the same colour scheme for all 5 pages). All text must be easily readable against the chosen background colour;
• 5 links on the left-hand side of the page to the other pages on the site. - pages must not contain links to themselves;
• Follow the file name conventions outlined below;
• A main heading which matches the page title;
• Must have elements of their formatting controlled by a single external CSS sheet (style.css). Elements which must be controlled are:
o Background colour of the page;
o Headings & Font size (noted below) and colour;
o Hyperlink state colours;
o Additionally ITECH 5004 students must have their dot list formatting and any relevant DIV formatting handled by their single external style sheet.
• Font sizes
o The font size for all text, except headings and sub-headings, must be 16px. Obviously the headings should appear larger.
o Heading sizes vary depending on the heading type, but care must be taken that headings and text are balanced and use the h1 & h2 tags.
o H1 tags must be used for each pages heading (e.g. Digital Images) and H2 tags used for the content headings (e.g. "What I have learnt about Digital Images in this course"). It must be obvious by the size of the different text elements that a hierarchy of size exists.
Site & Page requirements
The Home page (index.html) should also display the following details:
• Your name and student number;
• The course code and name;
• The assignment number;
• A ‘mailto' link to your email address;
• An image of yourself (600px by 400px).
• ITECH5004 students only must embed a sound file under the picture of themselves which will express the first three dot points required for this page. The sound file must be of decent listenable quality and be controllable (does not automatically start upon page load).
The Digital Images (Images.html) page should also display:
• The collage produced for your lab test (sized at 600px by 400px)
• A list of dot-points on the topic "What I have learnt about Digital Images in this course" - these must be in your own words.
The Digital Animation (Animation.html) page should also display:
• The animation produced for Assignment 1
• A list of dot-points on the topic "What I have learnt about Digital Animation in this course" - these must be in your own words.
The Digital Audio and Video (AudioVideo.html) page should also display:
• The video produced for stage 1 of this assignment (assignment 2)
• A list of 5 dot-points on the topic "What I have learnt about Digital Audio in this course" - these must be in your own words.
• A list of 5 dot-points on the topic "What I have learnt about Digital Video in this course" - these must be in your own words.
The "My favourite Hobby" (hobby.html) page should also display:
• The title of your favourite hobby;
• An image of your favourite hobby (sized at 600px by 400px); This picture should clearly show the hobby;
• A list of five dot-points on the topic "What I like about hobby " - these must be in your own words and be expressive.
The list of dot-points on all the pages expect for the homepage must contain at least five (5) dot-points each. Your dot points must be ordered and use the roman numbers lowercase style (e.g. i, ii, iii, iv, v.).
ITECH5004 students only: In addition to the above requirements you must also submit a report in the form of a Word document which describes the steps which you followed in completing this assignment, explaining the reasoning for each video creating and website creation operation and step. Include images throughout the report to help explain your steps. When describing the steps think of how a lab tutorial is written. Your report should be as detailed and as easy to follow as this assignment specifications document in describing how your website was built.
Further in regards to your website you must explain the following:
• How you optimized the multimedia content of your site. For example what format you used for the sound file, images, etc and why;
• How you address copyright issues regarding any multimedia content that you did not have copyright over yourself;
• Three (3) key lessons that you have learnt about the multimedia design process.