Reference no: EM132234454
Advanced Web Development
Asp.net Design pattern
• The assessment is an open book exercise - students may consult with others, but finally must present their own work
• BE CREATIVE, this project has a ton of potential and a variety of interpretations.
Complete the following specifications:
1. The program will have a database back end created in SQL Management Server and connected remotely to your program. Save the DB files in the same folder as your program to make it easy to move around.
2. The database will contain at least 4 tables connected with relationships of sufficient complexity. Fields will include Strings, Integers, and Boolean (bit).
3. The database must be operated on using Entity Framework, with LINQ and at least one lambda.
4. Create a full CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) front end in Visual Studio.
5. Use Classes to hold the methods and the variables.
6. To the best of your ability separate out the 3 layers of Presentation (stuff you see on the forms), Business (all the coding in classes) and Database (all the database calls) in their own classes. Better yet, into their own Projects.
7. Use any front end you like to display your data.
8. The program must be fit for purpose (i.e.: it must work) although it can be simplified from a ‘real' program.
Front End features
• Data entry text boxes or listboxes, and labels
• Buttons or Radio buttons or any other clickable event to manipulate data
• Adequate signage and titles to make it easy to understand.