Reference no: EM131264752
In this project, you will be assigned the task to record money received for a school fundraiser and create an Excel spreadsheet to record your receipts.
• You will determine the funds received and use the text to column feature (concatenate, apply conditional formatting, sort and filter data).
• You will determine your analysis and use sorting and filtering data, conditional formatting, as well as subtotals.
To complete the assignment, perform the following steps:
1. Open this Excel workbook titled "Fundraiser Receipt" and save the worksheet as "FirstInital_LastName_School expenses.xlsx."
2. Add a column to the right of the "Last Name" column and name as "Full Name" Use the Concatenate function to join First Name and Last Name together split by a space.
o Click here for more information on how to use the concatenate function.
3. Sort Columns C (C2:C21), using A-Z formatting.
4. Using the Conditional Formatting, determine which students have provided over $50 for the fundraiser in Funds Received Column and also in Funds Pending Column.
o The conditional formatting function allows you to apply different formatting options to data that meets certain conditions.
o Click here for more information on how to use the conditional formatting function.
5. 5. Click on any cell in (A1:E22), and apply a design to your data: In the Styles group, select Format as Table and use a dark formatting option.
6. At Total row (E22 and F22), provide a Sum for the Funds Raised and Funds Pending.
7. Add the Title "College Fundraiser Project" by inserting blank lines. Change the font size of the title to 22, fill color with white background, darker 35%.
8. Change the orientation to landscape.
9. Name the worksheet "Fundraiser_Receipt_Solution."
10. Save the workbook. Close the workbook and then exit Excel. Submit your Excel spreadsheet.
Microsoft. (n.d.). Concatenate function. Retrieved from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/starter-help/concatenate-function-HP010342288.aspx?CTT=3
Microsoft. (n.d.). Quick start: Apply conditional formatting. Retrieved fromhttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/quick-start-apply-conditional-formatting-HA010370614.aspx
Attachment:- Fundraiser Receipt.xlsx