Compute that conditional probability

Assignment Help Other Subject
Reference no: EM13489318

1. Your father goes to see his doctor to determine if he has a particular form of cancer. After doing some research, you know that the probability of having this particular form of cancer is 20%. You discover that the probability of positive test result, given that the person has cancer is 80%. You also discover that the probability of a positive test result, given that the person does not have cancer is 25%.

2. Your father’s test came back positive and he asks you to determine the likelihood he has cancer, given that he has a positive test result. Compute that conditional probability.

Show work.

Reference no: EM13489318

What can you conclude about the work load

At the morning break, an industrial engineer quickly measures the worker’s heart rate and finds a peak value of 110 beats/min one minute after stopping work and a value of 9

Identical standby generator units for emergency power

A plant has two identical standby generator units for emergency power use. In the area of the generators, the normal noise level registers 81 dBA on the sound-level meter with

Take a position of socrates claim

Take a position of Socrates’ claim that knowledge of goodness is necessary to leading a “good” life, and that no one ever voluntarily chooses evil. Support your position with

Professional organization may act to influence this process

You are the Director of Health Information services for a medium-size facility.Like many of your peers, you have contracted with an outside copying service to handle all reque

Explain why advertisement does not meet elements of offer

If there was no valid offer, explain why the advertisement does not meet the elements of an offer. If there was a valid acceptance, explain why the acceptance meets the elem

Employees job satisfaction and the years of experience

Is there a positive relationship between age/gender/ years of experience and an employee's job satisfaction and Is there a correlation between receiving general customer servi

When driving a long distance is it necessary to have a map

When driving a long distance is it necessary to have a printed map of the area you're traveling through when you're got GPS, satellite maps, and Internet mapping capabilitie

Issue of universal healthcare and socialized medicine

How might Community Psychology approach this monumental challenge explain how this matter factor in to the controversial and often divisive issue of universal healthcare and

Reviews

Write a Review

 
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd