>> Accounting Basics
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS OF CHEVRON
There are a few rules in this paper. I had it done by you guys a week or so ago and the guideline was not met.
Please read the below guideline.
2. Each student must select a different company so read the company names selected by classmates.
3. You will use this company for discussion in the discussions during the semester.
4. You will write a 2 - 3 page paper, single spaced, one inch margins, 12 pt font, with double space between paragraphs.
Your paper should comment on the financial statements for your company as they relate to the information presented of your textbook, including the notes to the financial statements.
Use headings in your paper such as Investments (topics from our textbook; other examples would be Financial Ratios or Cash Flow).
Please keep your paper to no more than 3 pages The report will be submitted after
DO NOT SUBMIT THIS PAPER FOR PEER REVIEW
5. Take care to avoid academic dishonesty. Write your paper, read it, and edit. Use your own words.
6. Please include a brief introduction of your company as well as a conclusion/summary at the end.
7. You will also be required to include the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement as a separate file attachment to your report (you can cut and paste directly from the 10-K report).
Do not include these statements in the main body of the paper. If you do so, you will lose points. Any other tables or graphs that you choose to include must also be submitted as an attachment and not be in the body of the main paper.
8. APA style is required for citations and a reference list.
Preview Container content
About the company 2
Analysis of balance sheet 2
Liabilities and stockholders' equity 2
Balance sheet ratio analysis 3
Analysis of income statement 3
Analysis of key income statement ratios 3
Other important profitability ratio 3
Analysis of the cash flow statement 3
Key cash flow ratios 3
Appendix A– Balance Sheet 5
Appendix B – Income Statement 6
Appendix C – Cash Flow Statement 7
Appendix D – Common size statement 7
Appendix E – Ratio Analysis 8
About the company
Chevron is one of the biggest and driving incorporated vitality important companies on the planet. The company is included with investigating oil mines, producing unrefined petroleum, normal gas, oils, and transportation fills and so on(2014 Annual Report, 2015). They are additionally included in the eras of force, delivering geothermal vitality, and exploring and growing new innovations to enhance vitality productivity. Chevron Corporation is exceptionally representative benevolent and in this manner reliant on the effective working of their workers with a specific end goal to accomplish their authoritative objectives.
It was established at Pico Canyon in the year 1876(Morngstar, 2015). They right now utilize nearly 65,000 workers around the world. The company contributes its emphasis on R and D exercises, which searches out new innovation with a specific end goal to discover non-nourishment based bio fills and creating oil from both unusual and customary sources. Since the company is included in investigating oil, it must conform to different natural related necessities(Morningstar, 2015). For this, the company takes successful measures to give a protected workplace to every one of their representatives.
The main business activities of the company are as under:
1. Upstream investigation and generation of unrefined petroleum and common gas
2. Producing refined oils, oils and petrochemicals
3. Gas and midstream giving support of the above two units
4. Geothermal vitality