>> Other Subject
1. Which of the following statements best expresses the social justice view of public health?
a. The government should provide everyone with an equal income.
b. Members of a community have collective responsibility for their common welfare.
c. Members of a community have a responsibility to prevent any individual from taking risks that could harm his or her health.
d. Every adult individual is responsible for his or her own lot in life.
2. Which of the following statements about the method of transmission of some infectious diseases is not true?
a. Syphilis is spread by sexual contact
b. Typhoid fever is spread by the fecal-oral route
c. AIDS is spread by a vector (mosquito bite)
d. Tuberculosis is spread by aerosol
3. Which of the following practices is not effective in preventing HIV transmission:
a. Use of condoms for sex
c. Treating pregnant women with antiretroviral drugs
d. Use of clean needles for injections
4. Which of the following pathogens have been used in a bioterrorism attack in the U.S. (Mark more than one if desired)
c. Botulinum toxin
5. Which of the following statements about cancer is true?
a. Different kinds of cancer have different risk factors
b. What all cancers have in common is that they arise when the activities of a cell are transformed and the cell begins to grow out of control
c. Most cancers are the result of mutations
d. Cancer has the tendancy to metastasize
e. All of the above
6. Which of the following are major chronic diseases?
d. All of the above
7. Which of the following statements about diabetes is not true:
a. Diabetes increases the risk of cardiovascular disease
b. Obesity increases the risk of diabetes
c. Many people with diabetes are unaware that they have it
d. Diabetes increases the risk of cancer
8. Which of the following statements about diabetes is not true?
a. It is a metabolic disease and it is a major cause of disability
b. It is treatable and controlled
c. It usually has painful symptoms
d. The two major forms of Diabetes are Type 1 and 2.