Reference no: EM131408738
Centralized versus Decentralized Database Management Systems
Identify a business that has between 5 and 25 locations. Please respond to the following in not more than 250 words:
· Evaluate whether this business should adopt a centralized or distributed DBMS.
· If you selected a centralized system, explain how you would manage performance and failure issues.
· If you selected a distributed system, explain how you would achieve transaction transparency.
Business Intelligence Tools
Please respond to the following in not more than 200 words:
· Identify a commercially available or open-source business intelligence tool and the type of business performance information it provides.
Do not repeat an example that has been posted by another student.
· Explain how this tool addresses the challenges of Big Data.
· Estimate whether the likely value of the tool outweighs its costs to an organization of your choice.